Sunday 18 December 2011

Only one week to go!

Well seven days from now it will be Christmas day and I will be eating my precious parsnips and leeks - if the ground doesn't freeze between now and next week.   Didn't bother with potatoes this year for Christmas, think I got so fed up with the blight that demolished the majority of the crops on our site that I lost my faith in them..........still with the gardeners optimism I feel 2012 will be better.   Looking at the seed catalogues strewn over my floor makes me forget last year's failures and believe that we may actually get a good summer in 2012.  
One of the jobs for over the Christmas period is to bring all my tools home and clean them ready for next season,  I think there is also some minor repairs to do - like repairs to the secateurs that I left out in the rain last week and no longer spring open easily.   I know my under gardener (in real life my husband)  told me to check I'd brought all the tools in but...........it was cold, the wind was blowing, it was getting dark and I can think of lots of excuses but basically I forgot!   Oops! And now I've a job to fix them....or hope Santa can replace them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment