Thursday 19 April 2012

Photos of all 3 community gardens

What a difference a few days work makes as I'm pleased to say the 3rd garden is well under way with Hilda's deck having an undercoat of weed suppressant and a topping of recycled Cornish compost ready for planting up when the night frosts and the chilly Northerly wind plaguing us lately finish, usually the beginning of May in this part of the country.

The rest of this new project has moved on to the stage we are almost ready for some imaginative planting of the new beds  thanks to some hard work by the 'site steward' Billy, assisted by me, in a chilly wind that was blowing all week. I have put a photo below of how it looked today. I've also added photos of the other two gardens mentioned in my last blog on Monday last.



I had the pleasure of growing some Swiss Chard Bright Lights for the Bodmin schools to grow on in a competition under the 'Bodmin in Bloom' banner so when delivering them I had the chance to invite anyone interested to come and look at our site, particularly to view our gardens, as 4 of the schools had wildlife attracting gardens themselves and maybe can give us some tips and all took me up on the offer so we will be pressing on with this new garden a.s.a.p.
Formal Garden above and Wildlife attracting area on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment